Saturday, April 5, 2014

Duck Tape Fixes ALLLL the Things!!!

"Hey!" Suggested Hannah, our dear friend, the daily blahgger. "You should do a post on duck tape!!"

Ooohkay...I thought. THIS should be fun. I get to not only talk about why "duck tape" is super handy,  but also yell at everyone that it's FREAKING DUCT TAPE. NOT DUCK TAPE.

Turns out I was wrong.



"Duck" tape, was first made during WWII and came in army green. You know, for camouflage & stuff? It was later called duct tape and turned gray/silver and was used for pipe work and stuff. There's actually a really interesting back story about it all..(...click the link if you care...)  Here's where I found this info

Duct/Duck tape is basically a very strong, cloth-backed, water proof tape.  Now it is officially called "Duct Tape" but "Duck Tape" is a certain brand that makes the tape in all sorts of cool colors and patterns. In my experience it hasn't been as sticky as the "normal" duct tape, but I could have just gotten a bad roll.

BUT that aside, what really is it useful for? I mean, my sister makes shoes out of it sometimes...but is it only used for eccentric women's fashion? Nahh....there's A LOT you can do with duct/duck tape. Here's a list. (I'm channeling my inner Buzzfeed.)

1. Make shoes
Photo: deviantART
Not gonna lie that might be a liiiiiiiitttttlle above my range of artistic abilities.

2. Make a Halloween Costume


3. Tape up any folder/binder/notebook
Photo: Busy Bee Stitchery
That's pretty Wicked. (ha).

4. Spice up any picture frame!
Photo: cleverpinkpirate.com

5. Make this thing:
Photo: Craft Snob
I don't actually know what it is, but I guess it looks cool.

6. Get ready for Christmas
Actually, this kind of looks like a Dalek...

7. Get ready for Valentine's day
Mmm...smell the sweet aroma

8. Thanksgiving?

9. Shut people up
You know the ones.

10. Oh, and of course, fix any problem ever. Duh. 
Obviously.
What I have concluded from this:
10% duct tape is cool
90% I could totes be a Buzzfeed writer

No comments:

Post a Comment