Friday, September 27, 2013

Busy....Busy....Dreadfully Busy!

For starters--watch this vid :) apologies for terrible quality...

As a kid, I was a huge fan of veggie tales. One of the less-known episodes was set in the town of Fliberoloo where Larry got his head stuck in a hole. None of the townspeople would help, because they were so dreadfully busy. They made a point to sing about how busy they were.... The song took more than enough time to get Larry out of the hole.

So often I have found that in the midst of my dreadfully busy life, I make time for the things that I like, and neglect those things which are more important (but less fun). With the excuse "I was too busy" I maraude through this life. My room is a pit of doom, I never actually filed my taxes (which, there is no penalty for actually, since I was getting a refund of a whopping $17) and sending out thank you notes this year took almost two months.

On the flip side...I am on facebook whenever I get the chance. I message my close friends. I message my less close friends. I browse pinterest.

My room is still a trash heap.

Why do I do this? Why is this human nature? IS IT human nature?
The biggest thing for me, is that I am just so distracted--constantly distracted by social media.

To be completely fair, I do have two jobs, regularly attend church and Bible study, and rarely have time to hang out with friends. The down time I do have, i spend on facebook. Gotta catch up, y'know ;)

So recently, I haven't been blahgging, I havent been blogging, and I haven't been doing a lot of things. But it's not like I have to tell you EVERY detail about my life, is it?;)

Mandolin Smith
The Mad Musician

No comments:

Post a Comment