Saturday, March 15, 2014

NOPE. NOS NOT HAPPENING AGAIN

Today at work I was a little sluggish. My manager bought me an energy drink.
NEVER AGAIN.


The day started out okay, I suppose.  I had a pretty awful headcold/sore throat the past two days and was still on the back end of it when I walked into Chipotle this morning.

I spent the first hour grating cheese in silence, trying not to breathe my germs on the dairy or start crying on the onions of the guy right next to me. But then came the time that I actually had to talk to customers.
And I was on cash. So I had to talk to every customer.

"Just the burrito for you, ma'am, or did you want any chips or a bag of soda?"
"Nope, just the burrito today"
"Ok, your change is $8.42....wait, that's your total. *mumbles* what. I don't know. What is life"

In stepped my manager.
"I'm buying you an energy drink after peak" (peak hour=time we can't leave our spots).

True to his word, he ran to the convenience store and picked up a blue Nos for me. I'd never had one before, so I gingerely cracked it open and poured it into a Chipotle water cup to keep it safe in the back.

One sip: this is interesting. It's like...pinappley? Fruit punchy? Hmmm.

10% gone: ooooohhhh Andy*, these chips are great! Keep up the good work! (AKA back to normal self)

25% gone: Guys guys guys guys!! I feel great!

50% gone: OMGwhotookmyragguyswhere'sthenapkins Hithere-yourtotalis$6.70 heyithinkit'sworkingdidimentionIveneverhadonebefore? *has laugh attack at the cash register over a really dumb joke *

Afrer that I wisely didn't drink any more until i got off work. It is currently 12:30 am ane I can't sleep. I have been awake since 7 am and have not been the least bit tired since probably 1:15.

ONE ENERGY DRINK. One Nos. That's it. That's all it took.
Don't do it, folks.
Such hyper.
Much headache.
Wow.

Mandolin Smith
The Mad Musician

*name has been changed because I AM THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON HERE. And uh.. yeah :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Uhh... the most important person in this blog post? I didn't want people facebook stalking "Andy" and detracting from my awesomeness Duh ;)

      Delete