Thursday, July 19, 2012

Marching Mania Moves into Motion Once More!

Hey there, my blahgging peoples of awesomeness!!!
     Haha! So, another two hours of the day were speant at voluntary marching band practice. Haha! OUR SHOW THIS YEAR IS PIRATES!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!!!
     The music includes Papi the Sailor Man, Yo Ho Blow the Man Down, a Pirates of the Carribean medly, and lots of others. I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED TO ACTUALLY START MARCHING IT!!!! We're gonna have half the band as pirates, and the other half as soldiers and we're going to be marching little "battles!"
     But we've only been learning the music. We won't actually start learning the marching part of the show until mandatory band camp in about a month. But it's still fun.
     Today we didn't really work on the show music, though. We speant an hour working out the kinks in the Star Spangled Banner. I actually enjoy playing it, though. Then we speant a few minutes on the show music. We speant approximately 45 minutes working on marching in two different groups.
     The three tubas, trombone, two euphoniums, bari-saxophone, tenor-sax (I think...), and the four (I think, haha!) alto-saxes were in one group. In the other group, the six trumpets (three seniors, including myself, sophomore, and two freshman), clarinet, percussionist, and drum major. Haha it was fun.
     I didn't really work...Speant most of that time joking around and talking to my clarinet friend. Haha. Usually there are two of them and then two flutes, but those three slackers didn't show up today! HAHA! SO WE ACTUALLY GOT TO HAVE AN AMAZING TIME SINGING THE DUCK STORY AND JOKING ABOUT LOTS OF WEIRD RANDOM CRAP!!! Haha!
     I love band.
     The best thing about marching band is that most of us have extremely perverted minds. We're all highschoolers. The "that's what she said's" are very common. It gets bad. I laughed so hard once last year that I was crying and I almost wet my pants. I'm a teenaged-band-geek-anime-obsessed girl. For those of you who didn't put all of that together, it means I'm one of the worst. Haha!
     I really can't wait until all of my band friends and I get to hang out every day when marching band actually gets into full-swing. Then there's all of the foot ball games and marching competitions....OMG I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!! HAHAHAHAAAA!
     .....I hope I get to be a pirate!!!
     Haha I suppose I've bored everyone enough to the point where you want to stop reading now so I'll stop my insanity. haha. BYE GUYS!!!
GuardianSakura
The Daily Blahgger
Most of our marching show this year. Hope you enjoy! :)

And guess what? YES! I'M A PIRATE! Albeit, the shortest person on the field...I'm the echo solo in the second song. :) The only pirate marching straight down the field. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment