Saturday, August 24, 2013

Salsa'd Saturday

"White or Brown Rice? Black or pinto beans? And for your meat?.... Yes, ma'am carnitas is pork & barbacoa is the beef. Sounds good!....and for you?"
×100.

Sounds like maybe another Chipotle post, right? Well, kinda, yeah. Ever since I started,  I've worked every Saturday--and this one is no different! However sometimes the managers can reallllly get under my skin. Today's post'll talk about some of the things they do that annoy me--and then I'll flip it and say why that's good. Yeah, it's gonna be challenging.

1. The schedule:
Why I Hate It: its a rotating schedule, meaning it really has no rhyme or reason. I don't like it because there aren't set dates or times that I work, its just whatever the manager feels like putting me on. I prefer structure. Plus,  sometimes they get super far behind and I have no idea if I'm working the next week because they haven't made the schedule yet!!

Why is That Good? it keeps me on my toes. I could form both better communication and organization skills through working out what times I will need off.


2. Sending me home early
Why I Hate That: again with the scheduling! Today I was scheduled from 8-3 but I only ended up working from 8-12. Because we were suuuuuper slow AND there were too many people scheduled, the manager had to cut a couple people, and I was the one selected. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Why is that Good?: Some people love being sent home early, but I don't since I'm trying to raise as much money as I can. But, I already have another job, and some people don't. Some people need the money more than I do and by graciously leaving early, I'm helping them out! Plus, I usually take my mom's car to work, and if I don't work as long, she can do her errands earlier in the day and relieves some of her stress.

That's pretty much all that ticks me off about Chipotle. It really is a great place to work....except that I STILL don't know if I am working this weekend.... ;) Lemme give em a call!

Mandolin Smith 
The Mad Musician

No comments:

Post a Comment