Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Thrifty Tuesdays: Adventures in the Great... Goodwill

I don't go thrifting on Mondays,  Wednesdays or Fridays. I don't go on Thursdays, or even on the weekend. No, blahggers, I only go on Tuesdays. only. Ever. And only at Goodwill.


So maybe that's a biiiiit of a stretch as I have gone thrifting at other stores and on other days, buuuuuuuut.....on Tuesdays its a regular thing. I'm probably going tonight. And believe me, I've been looking forward to this :)

Why?

Well...on Tuesdays, everything with a certain color tag becomes $1.49. I've gotten skirts, shirts, dresses, shoes, for $1.49. I know a kid who got awesome speakers...for $1.49. It's phenomenal.

Goodwill stores, (or at least the ones  MN) have 4 colored tags: red (which is stuff that comes from Target & is a different rotation), green, yellow and blue. Nothing stays in the store for longer than 3 weeks (and they remember this by which tag they have). Once its been there for 3 weeks, it's 50% off Sunday and Monday, $1.49 on Tuesday,  and then its gone.

Tip: employees start removing all the on sale items about a half hour before close, so plan accordingly.

Goodwill has served me well. I almost never buy clothes elsewhere amd hey-nobody's the wiser. Well, except you now ;)

Mandolin. Smith
The Mad Musician

9:45 pm:
AHHHH! I did go shopping today. And here is my impulse buy! Ok, it was $15, but I love it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment