Saturday, July 6, 2013

Beaching it up

Hiya, Blahggers!

So, there's one place that I love more than any other place. When I'm at the beach, I feel at home and pretty much free. If I could, I'd go to the ocean and never leave. There's an amazing feeling to if that I just can't get anywhere else!

Sure, I love swimming and, no matter if I'm in the ocean, a lake, or a pool, once I get in the water it can be very difficult to get me out. I sometimes wonder if I were meant to be born as a dolphin or something because I love swimming so much. But there's a magical feeling to it that you just don't get unless you're swimming in the ocean.

I spent hours swimming today and the day before last. In between making my brother into a turtle and picking up more in-tact seashells than I can remember finding, (when I was little, if it was shattered or not, I'd pick it up and  carry it home. By the end of the week we spent with our grandparents in the summer, I'd have a garbage bag full of rubbish shells.)

My plan: Make them into a picture frame or something artsy-craftsy and fun like that.

I actually spent most of the time in the water trying to catch some waves with my brother and step-sisters. Boogie-boarding is a blast! We have cheap boards, mediocre skills, and small waves. But it's still a blast. The bruises, cuts, and ears full of sand are well worth one good wave. According to my mother, you could hear us laughing and screaming from the shore. Ah, the sounds of a good time at the beach!

The sunburn from the other day is also worth it. It hurts like crazy, but that was my fault. Aloe has been my best friend. I can't wait for it to turn into a tan! No longer being snow white will be awesome. My tan lines, not so much, but that's okay.

We only spent a few hours again today. If I could live at the beach, I would. I'd swim all day and camp out on the sand under the stars. Yea. That sounds like the perfect life to me....

Hannah Haugen
The Daily Blahgger


No comments:

Post a Comment