Wednesday, July 17, 2013

CHIPOTLE

Who likes free stuff? Everyone.
Who likes free burritos? Everyone.
How about free CHIPOTLE burritos?? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

So, blahggers, I got a job at Chipotle a while ago (so, yes, now I have two jobs. Hehe) anyway,  this one is MUCH more fun and better, and I get free food when I work, and 50% off when I don't. Heck. Yes. Plus I got 2 of those cool t-shirts that employees wear.
Chipotle is a really great place to work, because while it is super fast paced, with lines out the door at some points, the people are phenomenal. They are encouraging, nice, and verrrrrry friendly. Plus, it pays $8.50/hr, which is DEFINITELY better than earning minimum wage.

One thing I didn't really know about Chipotle before was that there's like this inner heirarchy thing. 97% of managers started out rolling burritos. SO. Crew members get promoted to kitchen managers --> service managers --> apprentice --> general manager --> restaurateur.  Once a restaurant gets promoted to a restaurateur restaraunt the GM moves up to that final position and that Chipotle is now like cream of the crop, super duper high up Chipotle...

But no one on the outside world even knows. Its just kinda like this special honor. Sure restaurated Chipotle's run waaaaaaayyyyy better than others, so you can pretty much tell. Apparently the one I work at is SUPER CLOSE and everyone is really excited because the Chipotle founder guy is coming to visit amd check it out.

Chipotle also has this "Food with Integrity" thingamajig. It's SO cool and I am proud to be an employee. All of the animals used in the meat are treated humanely; there's no growth hormones added or additives in the sour cream or cheese (RgBH which can prematurely kill cattle...for what...a little more milk pumped out?) All of the veggies are locally and organically grown. The farmers are treated with respect.

And you know what? So are the workers. I am SO glad I am an employee at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Awwww yeah :)

Mandolin Smith
The Mad Musician

No comments:

Post a Comment