Friday, July 5, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMERICA!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Haha! Happy Fourth of July, Blahggers!!!

Today is a day of excitement, fireworks, cotton candy, fairs, cooking on the grill, parades (and candy), but, most importantly, today is a day which we celebrate our independence from Britain!!

Copyright: 2009 Joshua Nathanson

I spent today not doing what I've always done. In the past, we've always gone to the same town and watched the totally AWESOME parade, headed over to that same town's fair and had a blast for a few hours, gone home, and gone back to the same town to watch the fireworks. Always fun. I do miss it, but switching it up (especially since, well, we now live in Virginia, so....Can't exactly do that...) and came to North Carolina to celebrate with our grandparents.

This morning, we spent a few hours at the beach. We spent most of it swimming/boogie-boarding and quite a large hunk of time we used up making my little brother into a sand turtle. THAT was fun. He became a beach attraction when we were done. People kept stopping to take pictures of the sea-shell covered sand turtle with a boy's head.

Then we went home (my grandparents' house) and pretty much did nothing until about five when we went to reserve our seats for the fireworks on the river. It was awesome, they brought a huge barge in and shot fireworks off from that. I can honestly say I've never seen (or heard) bigger (or louder) fireworks or a more amazing finale in all my Fourth of July's since my first. (Now, I haven't seen events like the once over Houston, but that one is on my bucket list!)

We ate dinner before the show at what was once known as Andy's and is now called Hwy 58 or something like that....I LOVE their hot dogs!!! Super yummy! Their shakes are really good, too.

Anyways, after a long day it was nice to come back. I'm very tired so I'm headin' to bed after I tend to my sunburn...Because, no, I did not use sunscreen. I skipped it and went straight for the water. Lol Oh well it was worth it. As will the tan later of be.

Again, I wish you all a happy Independence Day!!!!

Hannah Haugen
The Daily Blahgger

He kept wriggling his head and shouting "I'm a turtle!" in
a very obnoxious sounding voice. It was hilarious.
I know it doesn't look as good from this view. (Mostly
because the waves kept coming up and washing away his
flippers and tail...) But this is another view of him. XD

Here's the Wilmington fireworks from a distance. Not nearly as 
good as it was up close or in person. We were literally right 
below them! It was awesome!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment