Monday, July 15, 2013

A Gradu....What?!?!

Hey, Blahggers

So, I'm feeling pretty strange today....I mean, it's been a month since I graduated from high school. I haven't felt very different from before I did any day but graduation day. Maybe it's just weird because time is flying by and the fact that I've graduated and am leaving home soon is starting to feel more and more like a reality.

I'm sure that the fact that I JUST went to orientation the day before yesterday has something to do with it, but it's a really surprising feeling to know that I've had an official end to 13 years of education and 18 and a half at home. I have a little bit over a month now until I leave to actually go to Mary Baldwin. It' really exciting but at the same time kinda scary.

Now, I've never been one to get homesick so I don't think that'll be one of my problems. If I miss my siblings I can always just call them up or write them letters. (I plan to do that with my sister because that'll probably give her great excitement...) I'm not really worried about not having Mom there it just feels weird to think that she isn't going to be.

I shouldn't find it that odd of a feeling, but I do. And then I think that graduation was only a month ago. It really doesn't feel like it. My school life is going to be completely different from now on. I mean, the most classes I have in a day is four and the least is two. I have an hour or so in between my classes so it doesn't seem like it's going to be so strenuous. (I know that isn't the case because the amount of work I'm going to have to do is going to increase quite a bit, but that's just what it feels like.)

Some of my friends are panicking about the upcoming adventures, but I'm sitting here relaxed like all I"m doing is walking down the street or something. I don't feel any different, yet at the same time, I do.

I'm starting a new chapter. The beginning has already been written for me, now all I have to do is pick up the pen and write. And it feels really exciting to me that I finally have fully control over what happens in my story. And I plan to write a great one!

Hannah Haugen
The Daily Blahgger



No comments:

Post a Comment