Thursday, July 18, 2013

Hetalia

Heyo, Blahggers!

Once again, I'm writing a post about my complete and total nerdiness. I've always been fascinated by all things Japan. (One of the reasons why I'm super excited to be taking Japanese this year!!!) And, I'm not going to lie, I'm a total anime/manga geek.

I have WAY to many favorites to list, such as Fullmetal Alchemist (I prefer Brotherhood, for those who know what I'm talking about...), Fruits Basket, Vampire Knight, Shugo Chara, Higurashi, Inuyasha, and, my top-ranging favorite, Hetalia.

For those of you who don't know, Hetalia is an anime based off of the comics by Hidekaz Himaruya. The "plot" centers around people who personify the countries. For example, you have the glutton with a hero-complex, America, his kind, shy, and invisible brother, Canada, mysteriously terrifying Russia, England, France, Norway, Italy, Holy Roman Empire, and, yes, even little Sealand. They are accompanied by plenty of other nations in a humorous and far-too-inappropriate-for-children spin-off on history. 

Now, fangirls know what history class can be like....I can't sit through it with a straight face any more. I'm either laughing hysterically to myself or crying. Yes, that's right, history now makes me cry. The American Revolution is currently the single saddest moment in the entire series. It destroys your feels and makes you want to hug America and England. 

(And for the FrUk fans out there, I'm a UsUk girl. If you read fanfictions such as George deValier's "We'll Meet Again," you may be turned....Shoot now I have to write about HIM....Which is good because I agree with most of his pairings.....MOST. Anyways....)

I think the best thing to me about Hetalia is how long it is. Each episode is only about five minutes, meaning there's pretty much always time to watch one. Or more. But that unfortunately means that you can't just watch one episode to get the gist of it. Although it made me laugh my brains out from episode one, it may not catch the humor of anyone else until he or she works his or her way through a few episodes.

And then there's Paint it White. It's the Hetalia movie and it's AMAZING. I loved every second of it! The countries are facing an invasions from aliens that are making all the worlds people (and personifications) into one of their own race. And it's up to the typical group of the Axis powers (Germany, Italy, and Japan) and the Allied powers (America, China, France, England, and Russia) to stop them and save the day! It really is quite good and, although once again obliterating your ability to contain happy emotions for a short period, has a great ending and makes me really happy.

(For those of you who have seen it but haven't seen the bloopers, you must look. Do not watch if you are not familiar with Hetalia, have not seen Paint it White, or are made uncomfortable by a high count of severe curse words. Part three applies to the actual series and movie, as well.)

Like every show, there are parts about it that I don't like, yes, (for example .....Umm.....I'll come up with those later) but it's still really good! I encourage watching it because, like I said, it's rolling-on-the-floor-crying-so-hard-from-laughter-that-your-stomach-hurts-but-you-just-can't-stop-laughing hilarious! (In my opinion, the funniest scenes are Iggy (aka England/Britain) and America at the bar and the time when Iggy falls asleep in the meeting. XD)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Hannah Haugen
The Daily Blahgger
(UsUk, Franada, Spamano, and Germany(HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE YOU CANNOT DENY IT THANKS TO HETAONI!!)/North Italy all the way!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment