Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It's a crazy world out there

With 7 billion people in the world, there's always going to be someone who's prettier than you. Smarter than you. Has a "better" life than you. Like the old saying goes, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.


Afternoon, blahggers.

This proverbial other side of the fence I'm speaking of can cause some unfortunate worrying in our lives. I know it has in mine. So, how can someone be truly happy or content? I like this satirical video by blimeycow.

I guess what brought this on was my utter annoyance at scholarships and job applications that i've been feeling this week. I've probably applied at 30 jobs with only 1 interview (that didn't pan out). I compare myself to miss "I applied at one job and they called me up and hired me right away" and I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I'm having the same type of trouble with scholarships. Now, I don't mean to say that I'm the brightest student (but I did graduate in the top 10% of my class) or most active in activities (though through countless volunteer experiences and many extra curriculars I've got quite a bit under my belt) but I've recently found that I cant even apply.

Here's what I mean. Of 3 scholarships due yesterday, I applied for none. Yet I wrote the essays. Why?

1. Due at noon, not midnight. Bummer
2. Last years prompt. This years was due June 30th. Double whammy.
3. None of 3 browsers I tried let me enter the information into the website.

So, I don't know if God's trying to tell me something, but I have a hunch that he is. I have utmost trust in Him that created me, and hopefully through this roadblock He'll show me what He REALLY wants for my life. Until He opens the next door, I suppose I'll just praise Him in the hallway. :)

Mandolin Smith
The Mad Musician

No comments:

Post a Comment