Thursday, July 4, 2013

Addicted

Hey, Blahggers.

Have you ever noticed there are so many things people are addicted to? Games, TV shows, people, gum, books, you name it! Everyone has some weird addiction that actually doesn't have anything "addictive" by medical definition about it.

And not everyone finds the same thing addictive. For example, my entire family and I can't get enough of Mario Kart! But then I have friends who ALWAYS seem to be playing Skyrim or something like that. I can't stand the idea of the Slenderman games my siblings play...That's just INSANE. Why would you play that??? Anyways...See my point? It's weird....

Or, the difference between my friends being addicted to the Harry Potter series and me stuck reading Kelley Armstrong books. (Not that that's a bad thing because I LOVE her books and style of writing!!! ....That just kinda proved my point, didn't it....) Anyways, I love that humans are so diverse that we can think that way.

Recently, I've found myself addicted to Bloons Tower Defense. (My siblings are 4 fans and I'm IN LOVE with BTD5.) Whenever I have a full day of nothingness to do, I've been wasting my life away watching little monkeys shoot darts and pop the Bloons. I will admit, the popping noise is quite pleasing when I'm in a fowl mood.

It's actually a skill game. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, BTD is a game where you have monkey "towers" that shoot darts and other stuff at bloons. You start out with 200 lives, and when bloons get through your course without being popped, you lose some. The amount depends on the bloon type. So, you have you popping monkeys who shoot stuff, and when you get enough monkey money, you can buy more towers of upgrades.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good at this game....On easy. I'm currently a rank 40 and have gotten as far as level 86 in the freeplay. (On easy.) I can't seem to beat the multitude of ZOMG's they throw my way....Anyways....

Everyone does things different. You start out with $600 no matter what. I usually put up a bomb tower right away and then start by putting up the dart monkeys when I get enough money. I do four plain old dart monkeys and four darting guns and then put up two of everything else. Once I get two of everything I start the upgrades and do each level of everything before going by and redoing the process.

I do this for two reasons: One - because it limits the amount of things I buy so I can focus on upgrades. Two - there are only two upgrade paths you can take; but you can only take one. So, when I do it the way I do, I get one (or two) of each upgrade.

Once I get all the upgrades, I just start throwing out spike towers like crazy. They really aren't very helpful until you get all the basic upgrades on them, but once you do, it's INCREDIBLE!

It gets me pretty far, actually. Yea, I know. I have no life. But that's okay because it gives me something interesting to Blahg about. XD

If you guys want to try this super addicting game out, I'll put the link at the end of this post, as well as under the Blahed Sites column on the upper right of the Blahg. :) See you soon, Blahggers! Keep popping, reading, watching, playing, and, most importantly, keep Blahgging!

Hannah Haugen
The Daily Blahgger

http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Tower-Defense/Play/Bloons-Tower-Defense-5.html




No comments:

Post a Comment