Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Reincarnation? Think about it.

This is just a random thought that has crossed my mind when I was trying to find answers, a religion, or whatever.  I wasn't raised anything, not atheist, Christian, Hindu, nothing.  Currently, I'm an atheist, but when bouncing between faiths, I often dreamed of an afterlife.  One of the topics that crossed my mind was reincarnation, which was comforting, until I thought about it for more than a minute.

I thought to myself, oh, it's not death, it's a new beginning.  It terrified me after I thought about it for a time.  Think about it.  You wouldn't be you unless you were raised with you you were raised and knew who you knew.  You wouldn't be you.  Imagine being an alien living in a totally different body.  You'd be a totally different person.  You wouldn't have your family, your friends.  How scary.

Your family would miss you because you'd be dead but you wouldn't even know them.  What if you walked down the street and saw them, what would they think?  They'd think nothing of you because that's not you, at all.  You wouldn't see them and they wouldn't see you, really.  You may notice them, but you'd never SEE them.  How sad is that?

Just something interesting to think about, I thought.  Have a nice day :)

Isabel Molina
Latin Fire~~

No comments:

Post a Comment