Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Twinsters

Heya, Blahggers!

Sorry about my week-long lag in posting. I got a wonderful and amazing surprise graduation gift: One of my best friends from Minnesota came all the way to Virginia to spend a week here with me! I've referred to her before. That's right, Britt!

She and my parents had, apparently, been plotting for months and had kept it a secret. I thought we were going to the airport that day to pick up a close family friend who used to room with us because she wanted to see my graduation. :) Boy, was I ever surprised when Britt stepped off the plane!!!!

Now, Britt is like my long-lost twin sister minus a year and a month. Hence, she is my twinster. XD

We've spent this past week (when I wasn't at work) exploring Fredericksburg, DC, and Kings Dominion.

There was quite a bit of shopping to be done in the antique shops of Fredericksburg. We mostly just browsed, but there was some pretty cool stuff in those stores filled with the oldest of old and some new things. (We saw a Justin Beiber poster. IN AN ANTIQUE SHOP!!! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??!?!?!?) She bought a couple of things and I took the liberty (and did the same in DC) of updating my buttons. ^w^ Yes, I collect buttons or pins or whatever you want to call them. I think they're extremely interesting and fun to have. Haha!

Back on topic.

So, we did that, (and we also discovered what best friends are for: pointing out the things you want but can't afford lol) and I introduced her to several sweet places such as Colonial Cupcakes (AMAZING well...Cupcakes lol. I LOVE that place!), Carl's Ice cream, and Sweet Frog. I also took her to eat at Steamer's....We ate king crab...It was like heaven. Mom took her to eat at Vinny's one day while I was working. XD It was fun to see her there and, once again, I was surprised.

I did, unfortunately, get sick Tuesday night. I could barely see straight so I left work two hours early and just went to bed. Wednesday I still kind of had a fever, but I felt a million times better, so I took off work (to avoid another episode like the previous night) and we did something we used to do all the time but haven't done since long before I moved: We had ourselves a Mario Kart marathon!

We LOVE playing Mario Kart! We spend the whole time as Princess Peach (her) and Diddy Kong (me) racing 32 random races on hard with aggressive boxes. Our main target: Toad. He used to be an ally of ours, but he would constantly push us off the track into water, down to earth, or just plain out of bounds. He was a little demon so we made him our enemy. :) This time 'round, we still went at him, but we shifted our focus more towards Koopa Troopa and Yoshi.

From just a few days of Mario Kart we have so many inside jokes. Like, "Best friends always run into the same cow." Lol And many others. Baby Peach was one of our enemies, and with Britt being Peach....There were some funny yet politically incorrect things coming out of both of our mouths. We also renamed some of the things the boxes give us. I'll let your imaginations try to conjure up what we did. Haha!

We also spent quite a lot of our Mario Kart time making fun of each  other's Minnesotan accents that randomly popped up during conversation or just regular speaking. Don't try making fun of it. Minnesotans make fun of our own accents better than anyone else could. And, yes, we spent a lot of time working out our abdominal mussels. We were laughing so hard we were crying and couldn't breathe or stop laughing. We should have both gotten six-packs by the time we were done!

So, Saturday we went to Kings Dominion. We rode many of the rides. And we ate food. lol She finally got me to ride the Flight of Fear. And we learned that sitting front seat on the Intimidator is a blast. Just don't do it after dark or you will get very familiar with the bugs. Not pleasant when we got off and realized we weren't feeling the raindrops we thought we were.

We went home exhausted, of course. And, due to my carelessness, I have almost completely lost my voice. I'm staying silent and drinking tea with honey in it so I can speak at work. Lol I answer the phone for take-out orders, thus my voice is fairly important. XD

She left at 4 am on Monday morning. :( I went to work at 11, worked 'till 3, came home, and  tried to fill the void with Mario Kart. It isn't the same when you're playing by yourself. Not at all. Now, I would have posted yesterday but I worked a double shift and didn't have the brain capacity to do such. :)

BUT

I'm back now and the lagging shall cease! Thanks for your patience with my sporadics! XD

Hopefully I'll be able to share more Twinster adventures with you all in the future!!!!

Hannah Haugen
The Daily Blahgger

No comments:

Post a Comment