Saturday, June 15, 2013

We're gonna win TWINS

Good evening blahggers!
Like the tennis chemist is a huge fan of....well...TENNIS, I am a huge fan of baseball. Like HUGE. As in, if there is a Twins game on any where close to where I am having a conversation with my friends, they know that I'm pretty much just going to be ignoring them.

Baseball, to me, is not like the other sports. Baseball is civilized.  There's no tackling, or fighting over a sweaty ball. You could make the argument that you don't have to be athletic to play baseball, but I beg to differ. True, you won't get as much of  a work out as you will in tennis or basketball, but it takes a lot of strength to smack a ball 400 feet or to throw a ball 98 miles per hour.

Baseball works a different kind of skill. It's refined. It's leisurely.

And, if you watch it with my sister, it's hilarious.

We were watching my brother's baseball game, and my sister was making fun of all of the players on the other team.

"Seriously. Just look at that guy. He thinks he has sooo much swag. HEY SWAGALICIOUS! YOU'RE-oof!"

I slapped her. "Hush!" I hissed, but with a hint of a smile my face.

Swagalicious started to run. Oh-oh they threw the ball and my sister stands up to yell,

"Oh yeaaaahhhhh!! Swagalicious is picked OFF!"

Stuff like that is what I get to hear. Every game :)

But-back to all seriousness. This game! People complain about it being boring, there's no action, yadda yadda yadda...but there is ALWAYS action. Grown men hurdling into each other and fighting like girls over a ball? No thank you. Try a well planned out game. Nine strategically placed men trying to stave off the others with just a glove and some raw talent. And no, they're not tackling each other. For you math lovers, this Is the game for you.

Try it. You'll like it :)

Mandolin Smith
The Mad Musician


No comments:

Post a Comment