Saturday, June 8, 2013

Blah blah blah...

And by that I literally mean, I have nothing good to say. I do however have some incredibly random junk that my brain is spitting out so I shall blather that at you for a good while.

Anyhow, hi again, Blahggers.

It has been a good Saturday so far. I've played some piano, eaten a hot dog, obliged my cat, and half-written some scholarship essays. To start with: PIANO.

Let me just get this out there. I have never taken a piano lesson in my life. As such, I'm not a stupendous key-tickler or whatever else you can call em, but I am certainly getting better. That said, there's little numbers by the notes in easy piano books that tell youngsters which fingers to play the notes with. These youngsters then have correct form and continue in their wonderful piano years wowwing everyone with their talent.

Those numbers confuse me. Waaaahhhhh! So, here I am, 18 year old me, staring dumbly at the music. I can play just fine (probably with horrendous form) but following the numbers is absoblumalutely conterproductive. So I've just decided I DO WANT I WANT.

(You probably shouldn't hire me to teach your kids piano.)

As for the hot dog, well, it squealed like a little piggy in the microwave. Poor thing. Then I ate it; it was yummy. :)

On a completely unrelated note, my cat, Maggie is a total nutcase. I suppose most cats are, but this one...she's a winner. She runs around like a rocket for absolutely no reason. Today, while I was at the piano I hear

THUNKA THUNKA THUNKA meow? Scritchscratch meow? Scritchity scratchicty meow? MEOW!

She was trying to get into the closet. (The thunka thunka being her barreling towards it.) Graciously, I obliged. She immediately began purring, walked in, walked out and scratched at a different door. I don't even know...

As for as scholarship hunting goes, I'm in desperate need of some money for college. You can check out my other blog (I know! Forbidden word!) For more on MY daily life, if interested, but be forewarned: many boring posts will be on there since many scholarships require the essay to be on a blog.

Stay out of treble!
Madelaine Smith
The Mad Musician
Http://madlifeofmadelaine.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment